Tuesday, 12 August 2014

Disabilities in sport

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paralympic_Games


The Para Oylmpics proves that disabilities, although may not be fixed can be overcome to a degree,
Watching some of these athletes is quite amazing, inspiring and motivating, just goes to show we really can put our minds and bodies to anything and achieve anything we want to, like the blind runners who seem a little less blind when dash don the 100m track, or those guys who do field events. I love watching the swimmers missing a limb doesn't seem to hold any of them back.
I must admit I have enjoyed the commonwealth games more, seeing all athletes performing on the same stage, not separated, a great boost to those watching with a disability seeing everyone treated as an equal, I would love to see it in the Olympics but told far to many competitors to do so, I think that's such a shame, as a society it would do us all good if equality crosses race, gender and ability. 



No comments:

Post a Comment