There is no great medicine than laughter and no greater way of feeling better or making others feel better, life is far too short to let these things get to us.
I have been told I should decorate my wheelchair with my butterflies, which at first I thought was a bad idea as it just brought me unwanted attention, on second thoughts it may be a wise thing, would make me smile and might just make those who stare think twice and smile with me.
We must realise this is what we have, stuck with it or whichever word you'd like to describe your disability, make the most of it, make a joke of it, as Alex Brooker of The Last Leg does, he makes me laugh every time I watch him, manages not to be held back by his disabilities but uses them to make him and all of us laugh, and you know after some time you forget his disability and just see the guy.
Catch The Last Leg on Channel 4 on Fridays at 10pm, they are also on facebook and twitter

No comments:
Post a Comment