Monday, 18 August 2014

Disabled Kids

As an disabled adult you face lots of issues aside from the condition you have, pain for some, missing limbs for others, mental disabilities to name a few, but I always find myself wondering how much more difficult it might be for children, first they have to face the challenge of whatever might be wrong with them but on top of that can you imagine being a teen with all those hormones and social requirements to fit in, to be one of the crowd, but from a wheelchair, or as a blind, deaf person, or mental disabilities, the weight of it must be hard to say e least. 
When your middle aged, you may have kids of your own before becoming disabled, so dealing with whispers or stares or misunderstandings of why you use a stick, limb or walk slowly or even in a chair is manageable, as the saying goes, I've raised a teen you don't scare me, but if your 14 you think the worst if people stare or whisper anyway. 
I understand there is a lot of help for young disabled people, which is much needed, the parents should be offered loads of support too, support to help their child still feel normal even though society has very strict rules for normal.
Whizz Kidz, a charity I like to donate to, provides help and much needed aids for children with disabilities, aids that make life more bearable and easier for them, I think disabled mentors would be a great idea, successful people who have achieved their desired goals in spite of their disabilities, people in the business world, art or creative as well as sports people, young people need to know their possibilities are endless disabled or not.



No comments:

Post a Comment